Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Breaking...

I lay in the bath, too chickenshit to sink my ears beneath the water, and listen to her. She makes hideous braying sounds, loud GOOONKs with each breath, and shakes on the sink.
I have to listen to it.
She curdles back snot, like fabric ripping, and GOOONKs and tries to make a word. The noises are painful, my ears whine. The bathroom is a reflective place. A solitary place.
Goddamnit, she's not really talking. She's spraying saliva.
My chest twists up some and its like watching a child vomit while eating- that effusive rush of puke they dont try to stop- and you throw up a little bit in sympathy. Like watching some bastard yawn.
Its sweat coming down my face. The bathwater is hot.
My feet are wrinkled.
I wish.

2 comments:

Keltin said...

It makes me feel like I'm there watching it happen. I like it.

The lady said...

(snap)
(crackle)
(pop)

my heart broke just then