Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Some scrawled notes from my wallet

1. 'Our heads are round so our thoughts can fly in any direction.'  -Frances Picabia

2. Better than sex, the advertisement says, and it is a picture of you punching your father in the throat.

3. Toggling between nothing being new under the sun, and everything having very recently changes absolutely is perhaps the central driving tension of my work. -Bill Gibson

4. Creatures in the rivers and soil and caves that eat the emeralds, and their teeth are broken, and they dream of lush green grass.

5. Clocks destroy rhythm, faces betray, and every girl was a knockout at 19.

3 comments:

Liz S... said...

Fantastic. We should use some of these for writing exercises. I especially like the one about creatures eating emeralds, breaking their teeth, and dreaming of grass. It's strangely beautiful.

Euclid's ontheBlock said...

You are strange and- oh clubbing me Cindo dont want me to say it caint say it she thinks yew are perty Ow! Ow!

My daughter thinks you are Julia Roberts.
She talks about you; it is so annoying.

Keltin said...

More of this, I say! I am tempted to fish through my wallet. Lovely!